Vegetarian Chili with Quinoa
- Vegetarian Chili with Quinoa
- This delicious and nutritious vegetarian chili with quinoa recipe is packed with amazing flavor and great-for-you-benefits.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2cupsquinoa rinsed and drained
- 1mediumonion chopped
- 3clovesgarlic minced
- 1jalapeño seeded and minced
- 3tomatoes peeled and cubed
- 1bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 16ouncestomato juice
- 2earscorn sliced from cob
- 1can black beans drained
- 1canchili beans drained
- 1/4cupcilantro (optional)
- 1tspchili powder
- 1tspagave syrup or honey
- Rinse and soak quinoa throroghly.
- Bring water to a boil and stir in the quinoa.
- Reduce to a medium heat and cover for 15-20 minutes, allowing quinoa to absorb all of the water.
- In a large stock pot, saute onions and garlic in olive oil on a low heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add all other ingredients except for the avocado.
- Cover the pot and allow chili to simmer on a medium heat for at least 30 minutes. Serve vegetarian chili with quinoa with avocado cubes on top.