Pesto Pasta with Vegetables
- Pesto Pasta with Vegetables
- Want to make pesto like a pro? Check our pesto recipe that is 100% liver approved. Fresh basil is a great source of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and BCPs which have been shown to have exceptional anti-inflammatory effects! Not to mention the super food garlic paired with a moderate amount of healthful monosaturated fat in olive oil! Try it with your favorite mixed vegetables and whole grain penne for a delicious, nutritious dinner.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2cupsbasil leaves washed and dried
- 1/2cupraw pine nuts
- 1/3cupparmesan cheese freshly grated
- 3 tbspolive oil
- 12ozwhole-grain penne pasta
- 1 cupfresh green beans cleaned and halved
- 1/2red bell pepper cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1/2 zucchini cleaned and sliced
- 1 cupcherry tomatoes cleaned and quartered
- For the pesto: Finely chop the basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts and parmasan cheese. Once the mixture is extra fine, form it into a ball shape and place in a bowl. Drizzle 2 tablespoons over the pesto ball. Leave the pesto at room temperature. Bring 4-6 quarts of water to boil in a large pot. Add the penne. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a medium saucepan on low heat. Toss the green beans, bell pepper, zucchini for approximately 3 minutes or until slightly tender. Stir the oil and pesto until mixed thoroughly. Drain penne. Add one cup of penne to each bowl and top with 1 tablespoons of pesto sauce and two tablespoons of vegetables. Serve immediately.