Chicken Ginger Pilaf
- Chicken Ginger Pilaf
- Getting healthy doesn't have to mean sacrificing flavor. This classic chicken ginger pilaf recipe is filled with ingredients that are not only good, but great for you. For a healthier chicken ginger pilaf, be sure to use a low-sodium vegetable broth and basmati rice.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3chicken breasts skinless and boneless, cut into cubes
- 8ouncesbasmati rice
- 20ounces vegetable broth low-sodium
- 2tbspolive oil
- 1mediumonion thinly sliced
- 1 toeginger grated
- 1chili pepper seeded and minced
- 4 tspGreek yogurt (optional)
- Heat olive oil on low heat in a medium pot.
- Add onion, chili, ginger, and rosemary
- Cook for 3-5 minutes
- Add the chicken cubes and rice and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to a low temperature and cover pot for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the rice is fully cooked.
- Top with a teaspoon of Greek yogurt if desired.