Cauliflower Potato Soup
- Cauliflower Potato Soup
- As a cruciferous vegetable, cauliflower is known to help the liver process toxins. This creamy cauliflower potato soup is a flavorful bowl-full of liver love.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1tspcold pressed olive oil
- 2clovesgarlic minced
- 1largeonion diced
- 2largepotatoes cubed
- 1headcauliflower chopped
- 3cupslow-sodium vegetable broth or skim/soy/almond/rice milk
- 1tspcayenne pepper
- cracked black pepper to taste
- ground nutmeg to taste
- 2tbspsunflower kernels optional
- 1green onion sliced (optional)
- In a large stock or soup pot on low heat, sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil until onions are tender.
- Add potatoes and cauliflower and mix for several minutes.
- Stir in the 3 cups of liquid of your choice, rosemary and cayenne pepper.
- Cover the pot and allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
- Remove soup from heat and using a hand-held blender, mix the mixture until it is creamy. Without a hand-held blender, simply pour the mixture into a traditional blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the soup into bowls and top with sunflower seed kernels, cracked black pepper, ground nutmeg, and/or green onion rings as desired.